Welcome to the Library and Information Department
Library and Information Science is a profession that is full of people passionate about making a positive change in the world, and they tend to be wildly happy about what they do. According to one recent survey, over 85 percent of information professionals questioned said if they had the choice, they’d do it again.
Librarians bridge the gaps that exist between people, information and technology. In their professional lives, librarians and information professionals work to:
- Design and develop knowledge-organization systems
- Create reader’s advisory resources to encourage young students to develop a lifelong love of reading and learning
- Help scholars locate archival and other resources crucial to their work
- Identify sources of assistance in family and personal crises
- Help doctors more quickly locate health information in critical situations